Sunday 11 November 2012

THEN CAME THE MASTA.



A thought that has been circling my mind for ages, well okay, ages is a little far-fetched because I am actually too young to have been around for ages. The point is that I have had the desire to blog making circles in my head, something like a vulture eagerly awaiting the fall of he who was short of luck enough to find himself in the middle of a desert, without water. Imagine the beauty of that horrible scene when he actually drops and the sky scavengers’ king comes swooping down for him. Oops an oxymoron. Well, point of the matter is that I have wanted to but had never actually taken the initiative, but here I am now.

You can never know the depth of a lake until you actually drown in it, very sadist. However pay no attention to that, take it as lightly as you would a blind saint walking onto a road with a loaded lorry oncoming at full speed. So I might have the ability to write, one of which some might have elected to term as a talent in my composition writing days, but there is only one way to find out whether it is ordinary writing or it is indeed MastaWRITE. Anyway, I have already decided to title my blog as such and am not changing it any time soon or any time at all, (it is an ego thing by the way). So I will not deny the fact that am biased when it comes to myself, so I will willingly subject myself to the not so attractive idea of letting others pass judgement on my case. Ooh, and because the law also requires that I observe the rules of natural justice, in this instance ‘Nemo judex…legalese…legalese…legalese. I am sure you get the point.

I set out to obtain the necessary resources to pursue this new course of literature, I did not get sophisticated super high-tech equipment though, nevertheless, I still expect to be able get some sort of consideration out of this. Think reimbursement. Let us not focus on that, not just yet. This may end up proving that I indeed have a talent, so when that happens we’ll say that my buds have blossomed into beautiful (insert favourite type) flowers. I am not the type that will get satisfied by the flowery aura only, so the pretty little things must go all the way up to fruition. It is after I have tasted the fruits that I might consider the elusive notion of satisfaction, okay I might let one or two get to taste the fruits, but nothing is as sure as the confusion that the egg and chicken argument presents. Let us just conclude by saying that there will come a time I will want to have the ‘make money out of your blog’ to be more than an option in my blogger settings.

So there has been in existence a lot of bloggers, authors and many other forms of people who seem to have had me beaten in the race of making money out of words, however, I’d like to proudly pull a life-is –a-marathon line on them all. They made it here first but the point is that I am now here, you can never have an improvement of anything without having experienced the inferior version of that thing. They came, they saw but they never conquered (I have always wanted to use that line). Therefore, I am here aiming for nothing less than conquering that which they could not. Will I achieve? Let time be the judge this once for there is no limitation of actions when it comes to success, its sweetness or lack of it is always the same.

However, one cannot make it to any height without the support of his fellows, both positive and negative, so show a brother some love (or hate) to ensure he gets to some level. There are many out there who do a marvellous job when it comes to formulating ideas out of words, enjoy their works but always have the amazing masterpieces that I intend to present in mind. They are good, they had the confidence to challenge, they have done so and others have surely impressed, but then came a new erra, then came me, then came the Masta.        

No comments:

Post a Comment