Thursday 6 June 2013

DO FOR LOVE.



I should have seen you was trouble right from the start, taught me so many lessons.
How not to mess with broken hearts, so many questions.
When this begun we was the perfect match, perhaps, we had some problems but we working at it, and now…
the arguments are getting loud.
I want to stay, but I can’t help from walking out just a little way.
Just take my hand and understand, if you could see,
I never planned to be a man it just wasn’t me.
But now am searching for commitment, in other arms.
I want to shelter you from harm, don’t be alarmed.
Your attitude was the cause, you got me stressing.
Soon as I open up the door with your jealous questions.
Like where can I be? You’re killing me with your jealousy.
Now my ambition is to be free.
I can’t breathe, because soon as I leave, it’s like a trap.
I hear you calling me to come back.
I am a sucker for love.

Just when I thought I broke away and am feeling happy,
you try to trap me, say you pregnant and guess who’s the daddy.
Don’t want to fall for it, but in this case what could I do?
So now am back to making promises to you, trying to keep it true.
What if am wrong? A trick to keep me on and on?
Trying to be strong, and in the process keep you going.
I am about to lose my composure, I am getting close…
to packing up and leaving notes, and getting ghosts.
Tell me who knows, a peaceful place where I can go…
to clear up my head am feeling low, losing control.
My heart is saying leave. Oh, what a tangle web we weave…
when we conspire to conceive.
And now you getting calls at the house, guess you’re cheating.
That’s all I need to hear because am leaving…
I am out the door.
Never no more will you see me…
this is the end.
Because now I know you’ve been cheating.
I am a sucker for love.

Now he left you with scars, tears on your pillow and you still stay.
As you sit and pray, hoping the beatings will go away.
It wasn’t always a hit and run relationship.
It used to be love, happiness and companionship.
Remember when I treated you good?
I moved you up to hills, out the ills of the ghetto hood.
Me and you, a happy home.
When it was on, I had a love to call my own.
I should have seen you was trouble but I was lost,
trapped in your eyes.
Preoccupied with getting tossed,
no need to lie.
You had a man and I knew it, you told me,
‘Don’t worry about it we can do it.’
Now am under pressure.
Make a decision because am waiting.
When am alone…
I am on the phone having secret conversations.
Huh! I want to take your misery…
replace it with happiness but I need your faith in me.
I am a sucker for love.

-TUPAC AMARU SHAKUR-

No comments:

Post a Comment